Director of Human Resources
Under the direction of the Sr. Vice President General Counsel, the Director of Human Resources (“DHR”) leads and ensures execution of the strategic Human Resources (“HR”) and compliance initiatives related to HR, risk management, employee relations and employee benefits, which are set by the Executive Leadership Team and the Company’s Board of Directors. The DHR is responsible for day to day management of the HR team and serves as the point of contact for the Company’s hiring managers and senior leadership to identify, respond to and reduce various employment related issues and risks throughout the employment process and company. The DHR is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource functions.
The DHR will also work closely with other members of the Senior Leadership team to design, implement and oversee recruiting, hiring and retention initiatives, which will include designing a robust employee review process and competitive compensation plan to maximize employee engagement and retention. Other related duties as may be assigned.
The candidate will:
- Develop a recruitment and onboarding plan and process to support a multi-state employer and high performing sales force. Maintain budget and compliance parameters for engagement of outside recruiting and staffing firms.
- Leads competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain exceptional talent.
- Oversee compliance for a multi-state workforce for payroll, benefits, and employment practices.
- Partner with business leadership to provide guidance and support in change management activities which could include communications, counsel on decision-making, process improvement and general support.
- Develop trainings programs for employees, managers and supervisors related to HR and effective leadership topics.
- Work closely with the Senior Vice President and General Counsel to ensure all Federal and State employment and payroll requirements are being met.
- Conducts and/or supervises all internal investigations related to employee complaints and concerns.
- Ensure HR team is meeting all reporting requirements for HR, employment law and employee benefit filings.
- Serve as lead of guiding teams related to implementation of employee benefit and workers’ compensation renewals and third-party vendors who serve HR functions, including, but not limited to, implementation of new payroll and HRIS systems.
- Leads the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan compliance initiatives.
- Lead audits related to employee benefits, payroll and safety initiatives (e.g. OSHA).
- Leads all employee communications related to HR policies and procedures. Responsible for maintaining up to date federal and state employment policies across Company’s multi-state footprint.
- Responsible for keeping up to date on all HR policies, programs and practices and, in turn, keeps designated management personnel up to date on any changes.
- Prepares quarterly and annual business HR plans to support planning and execution of Company’s strategic planning related to recruitment, retention, engagement and risk reduction.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors regarding the Company’s progressive discipline policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Executive Leadership and Finance teams to support and document corporate charitable giving, and employee recognition programs.
- Develop and maintain annual HR budget.
- Ensures HR Team is working to support the Company’s Mission, Vision and Values in its interactions with candidates, customers, colleagues and vendors.
The candidate must possess:
- Four-year degree in human resources or other similar field from an accredited university required; Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Advanced HR designation such as SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of prior work experience leading HR teams for both private and public companies.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with executive management, corporate governance and highly skilled sales force is preferred.
- Demonstrated background working with Quickbooks and accounting matters (e.g. A/R; A/P and G/L).
- Experience implementing and managing HRIS and other similar systems.
- Strong project management skills & highly detailed oriented.
- Business acumen & high client-service orientation.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment with multi-state employers.
How to Apply:
If you’re ready to Stand with The Future, send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HR@Titanspine.com for consideration.
Senior Product Development Engineer
The Senior Product Development Engineer is responsible for the design and development of new and improved product (spinal implant and instrument) using the company’s design control procedure and in compliance to the quality management system. The Senior Product Development Engineer is responsible to execute the design and development activities throughout the product development lifecycle, from cradle-to-grave. In addition, he/she provides technical guidance and coaching for junior engineers. Must possess and apply knowledge of medical device engineering principles, practices, and procedures. The Senior Product Development Engineer is also responsible for maintaining compliance to industry guidelines, GMP, regulatory requirements, and maintaining Design History Files for new and legacy products.
The candidate will:
- Lead activities associated with the design and development of new product, specialty product, and sustaining work using GMP, the company’s design control procedure, and quality management system
- Responsible for complex new product development projects. Lead a cross-functional team throughout the project lifecycle, from concept to launch. Ownership of the project plan, project management, and key deliverables. Participate in the budget planning cycle for the projects
- Participate actively with Marketing and Sales to define customer needs. Engage surgeons and KOL throughout the conceptualization and development phases. Lead development sessions and actively participate in cadaver labs with surgeons to obtain critical project input
- Conceptualize new design of spinal implant and instrument to meet customer needs and by incorporating human factors/usability engineering in the design process. Work closely with designer/drafter to generate models and prints using GD&T (Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing). Collaborate with manufacturing and external vendors to review prints and apply DFM (Design for Manufacturability) principles
- Create rapid prototypes (e.g. SLA, FDM), metal prototypes, and proof of concepts. Evaluate the performance and feasibility of early concepts in cadaveric lab and by conducting design of experiments – such as mechanical performance evaluation and Sawbone simulation
- Participate in risk management activities (e.g. dFMEA, pFMEA) and lead design activities such as Design Input, Design Output, Design Verification, Design Validation, and Design Transfer. Responsible to perform the Design Reviews and create the Design History Files documentation. Serve as technical leader within the product development team
- Form strategic partnerships with suppliers to optimize technologies, quality, cost, and lead-time. Provide COGS estimates and work with Finance and Marketing to refine business case
- Support Regulatory submissions, such as 510(k), from a technical standpoint.
- Lead the cleaning, packaging, and sterilization validation activities. Manage the development of instrument trays and BOM.
- Participate in Material Review Board (MRB) and assist Quality/Regulatory in review of complaint and nonconformance. Support technical investigations, CCR, NCR, and CAPA
- Develop novel innovations for inclusion in IP Portfolio. Support in the launch of NPD projects with Freedom to Operate – FTO. Perform assessment of competitive landscape in support of projects, development pipeline, and competitive library/matrix
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to develop technical tool, training program, and marketing collateral
The candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (preferred), Biomedical Engineering, or other relevant technical discipline. Master’s degree is preferred.
- At least eight years of hands-on product development with design control and regulation experience developing medical devices (i.e. Spine, Orthopedics, Trauma) models, implant / instrument systems, and project oversight
- Ability to drive accountability without formal authority. Ability to coach junior engineers and interns
- Excellent mechanical/mechanism design aptitudes, and problem solving/analytical skills. Must possess work experience using statistical tools for analysis and sample size selection
- A good understanding of manufacturing processes (e.g. milling, turning, wire-EDM, welding). Must have proven hands-on technical skills in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T). Must have experience prototyping, developing proof of concepts, and performing Design of Experiments
- Proficiency using Computer Aided Engineering/Design (CAE/CAD), with SolidWorks preferably. Hands-on experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) is desirable
- Experience using Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Experience working per ISO 13485 and 21 CFR Part 820, specifically as the manufacturer of record of implantable devices
- Capability of performing and leading tasks and duties in support of the development of assigned Line Extensions, Product Upgrades, Specials, and New Product Development (NPD) projects using Regulatory compliant practices, software, tools, and procedures. Must be able to develop project plans and drive projects to completion according to the timeline and with accountability
- Experience in interactions with Sales, Marketing, Surgeons and industry professionals in development of concepts, designs, and improvements for existing products
- Working knowledge of Intellectual Property including but not limited to: Patents, Trademarks, and Trade Secrets
- Ability to create procedures, work instructions, and forms to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
How to Apply:
If you are the next Senior Product Development Engineer and would like to join our dynamic team here at Titan Spine, Inc., please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: HR@Titanspine.com.
We have an opening for an experienced Designer/Drafter in our Engineering Department. The qualified candidate must have knowledge of mechanical drafting and design principles, practices and procedures to assist the design and development of new or improved products. The candidate will assist under the direction of Engineers in the designing and commercializing of new products using company design control procedures. The candidate will also be responsible for maintaining compliance to industry guidelines and standards including Design History files of legacy products.
The candidate will:
- Carry-out drafting and design assignments of a broad nature, in support of the completion of creating CADD models, assemblies, drawings and specification documents consistent with industry standards and guidelines and common mechanical design practices
- Complete and maintain compliance with document/design control procedures
- Be involved with the completion of additional activities such as drawing checking, tolerance analysis, model analysis and parametric link control, as well as compilation of drawings where parametric link integrity and revision control is maintained
- Assist in the development of modeling, assembly and detailing practices and standards in the creation of designs and specification drawings
- Be involved with the implementation and oversight of product data management software and techniques for control of drawings, assemblies, and models
The candidate must possess:
- A.S. or B.S. or Technical degree in Design or Drafting, or equivalent experience
- Three to five (3-5) years Drafting and Design experience
- Knowledge of CADD equipment and practices
- Advanced mechanical/mechanism design and drafting capabilities
- Proficiency in industry standard practices including design and drafting for manufacturing
- Proficiency in the use of CAE/CAD, with proficiency in SolidWorks preferred
- Familiarity with ANSI 14.5, ISO 9000, CAPA, PV, FMEA, Six Sigma and Lean practices
- Fluency with modern manufacturing techniques and processes
How to Apply:
If you are the next Designer/Drafter and would like to join our dynamic team here at Titan Spine, Inc., please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: HR@Titanspine.com.